Scholarships Granted By Turkish Government For Iraqi Citizens
The Government of the Republic of Turkey will grant 40 scholarships to Iraqi citizens, who are willing to attend undergraduate (15) and graduate (Master: 15, Doctorate: 10) programs in Turkey.
How to apply?
Applying is very easy. Here is what you have to do:
- Read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Fill out the application form.
- Prepare one copy of your diplomas, transcripts and health report. If they are Arabic-only, make sure they are translated into Turkish or English by certified translators. Get them certified by the Consulate Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (For graduate studies only) If available, take two recommendation letters from your instructors or employers.
- Bring them all to one of the missions of the Republic of Turkey in Iraq (Embassy in Baghdad, Consulates in Basra, Erbil and Mosul) or the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research no later than 31 July 2011.
- The application form and other related documents are available at http://baghdad.emb.mfa.gov.tr
How to make selection among universities?
You don’t need to select a university and a program right away.
One of the advantages of studying in Turkey with a grant from our Government is the opportunity of learning Turkish.
Each scholarship-holder will take a one-year long course in Turkish language in Turkey’s most prominent language research centre, TÖMER.
After completing the course successfully, you can make up your mind. By this way, you will have the chance to find out more on Turkish universities by visiting them and make a more mindful choice.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers monthly living expenses allowance, tuition fees, TÖMER course, accommodation costs and medical treatment expenses.
Who can apply?
All Iraqi citizens can apply for scholarships.
Applicants for undergraduate and graduate programs must not be older than 25 and 40 years old, respectively.
How can I learn more on Turkish universities?
You can learn more on Turkish universities by visiting the website of the Higher Education Board (http://www.yok.gov.tr), as well as those of individual universities. A full-list of Turkish state universities can be accessed at http://www.yok.gov.tr/content/view/531/lang,tr/
I need advise
We are at your disposal. You can get into touch with missions of Turkey in Iraq to learn more.
Only those applicants, who already has a TÖMER certificate or who has graduated from Departments of Turkish Language and Literature or Turkology will fill in the “Education Institution Preferences” section in the application form.
Citizens of the Republic of Turkey of Iraqi origin or those who hold dual citizenship (Turkish-Iraqi) cannot apply.
Sunday - Thursday
09.00 - 18.00 / 09.00 - 18.00
+ 90 312 292 29 29